Saturday, August 18, 2007

Moving Through The Void


Now listening to Listening Garden by Christopher Willits and Taylor Deupree. I love installation recordings like this for their simplicity of intent. Further information about it can be found here.

Capree's show went off without a hitch. Preparations for the event pushed all the way up to when the reception began, but kudos to everyone for their great work to make the gallery's artist reception a success.

Being Capree's first show, it seemed to generate quite an interest. Many people from family and friends showed up (thanks everyone!) to complete strangers keeping a look out for new artists during the gallery stroll. It was rewarding to hear the positive support given to Capree as the road to get from conception to being placed in a gallery was not an easy task. If I recall, the black and white photos were shot late 2006/early 2007, and I remember speaking with Capree about the Seven Deadly Sins shoot a year or so ago. Through changing implementations of the basic concept, she was able to create something really quite beautiful.

For my own personal enjoyment, I saw many people lost to my nostalgia in the flesh who, along with myself, have found our paths crossing yet again. It's a beautiful experience when it occurs, and I never want to take it for granted. For those I spent time with, thank you.

For those who couldn't be there, you were missed. There are a list of people that I have in mind that I would love to see again soon if busy schedules would allow it. Mostly congratulations and also a few grievances are in order to those missed. I would love to see you soon.

As I attempt to juggle and fill in the various voids of life, I hope to be able to have people into my home once we have things somewhat in order. Expect an invite!

No comments:

Post a Comment